Reflexology for Stress and Anxiety
Reflexology, sometimes called"energy medicine," is another health clinic involving the use of force to specific pressure points in your hands and feet. This is normally done without the use of oil or lotion. There are many who believe that reflexology may be a viable treatment for many ailments. However, this practice is not recommended for some of the following:
- Chronic pain - This should not be combined with traditional medicine, especially for chronic pain. Reflexology, as stated before, does not treat illness or pain; it only corrects the imbalances in your body systems which are causing the pain. A balance in your nervous system, hormonal system, immune system, and cardiovascular system are essential to the healing of any ailment, including pain. Applying pressure reflexology can actually aggravate pain, just as though it were the part of your body where the pain was originating from.
- Anxiety - If you suffer from anxiety, you may experience reflexology as a complication. Reflexology allows for increased blood flow, which provides relief from anxiety and increases your body's ability to heal itself. However, if you suffer from anxiety, you should first ask your physician for the right treatment. Reflexology is not a cure for anxiety. It's simply another way of managing your anxiety by increasing blood flow.
- Stress - Stressful symptoms can be alleviated by applying reflexology. You can enhance the quality of your life by reducing anxiety, tension, and worry. Stress can interfere with your concentration and cause aches and pains throughout your body. Reflexology can help to alleviate these symptoms and promote relaxation in your nerves and muscles. Massage enhances the relaxation benefits of reflexology, therefore effectively speeding up the effects of reflexology.
- Anxiety - Reflexology can also relieve pain. Your feet are a sensitive part of your body. When you apply pressure in your feet, you're transferring energy from your hands to your feet. This transfer of energy relieves tension, improves circulation, stimulates nerves, and promotes relaxation. Reflexology can also relieve pain due to muscle stiffness and spasms.
- Tinnitus - Some people suffer from tinnitus, which can be an annoying ringing sound that could only be heard by the person who's affected. For many others, tinnitus can be a symptom of many problems, or might even be a sign of serious disease. A reflexologist can often discover the cause of tinnitus and teach you how you can control it. Reflexology can 출장마사지 increase blood flow to your ears, thus helping to reduce the noise. The results can be relaxing, but you'll have to continue the reflexology techniques on a regular basis for the most benefits.
- Reduce Anxiety - Stress and anxiety may lead to a number of other health problems, including digestive problems and lower back pain. Reflexology can help you relax your body and your mind. By increasing the blood flow in your body, reflexology can reduce pain and promote overall wellness. In addition, it can decrease stress and anxiety. Your stress level and your life quality can impact every area of your life.
Reflexology can benefit you in several ways but should not be undertaken as a standalone therapy. You should always consult with your health care provider prior to beginning any bodywork or massage therapy to ensure that it won't interfere with any existing medications or illnesses you may be suffering from. Always keep in mind that Reflexology is a holistic form of alternative medicine, so it shouldn't replace the advice of your medical professional. However, if you do choose to pursue Reflexology as a part of your routine medical care, you can reap the benefits by feeling good about your body, being more conscious of its systems and organs, and reducing the anxiety and stress in your life.